Ebay and fraud

The UK's Guardian newspaper has an excellent article that claims that Ebay is failing to deal adequately with buyer fraud.  It gives examples of buyers who appear to be using lax Ebay systems to steal from sellers.

Link

I have been buying and selling on Ebay for years. It used to be ok, a good place to dispose of surplus items.  I have returned to selling after a break of several years and have found a very different situation.

I have several items for sale.  I know how to set prices and write descriptions. I have 100% positive feedback. In the past the items would have sold quickly. Now Ebay produces

1.  time wasters.

2.  lots of offers to buy off Ebay for cash.


3.  very few genuine buyers.

I am very dissatisfied with Ebay.  I think they need to change, but will they?  I doubt it.  They have a de facto monopoly. Why should they.

No comments: